Monday, October 5, 2009

A Las Vegas Fall

The Old Man of the Forest and this Old Man Winks at You!

I have to admit that we don't get much in the way of fall in Las Vegas. I was only mildly joking when I said, "Fall arrives when we have 5 days in a row under 100 degrees." That was just 2 weeks ago. Then over the weekend we dropped from the 90s to the 70s. We are still trying to figure out what happened to the 80s.

You know it's not officially fall without a scarecrow

Yet, if you want fall, the best place to find it, without having to drive to Mt. Charleston, or Arizona or Utah or California is to go to down to the strip at the Belaggio (isn't that where everyone goes?). Every season of the year they outdo themselves and this year is no exception. You can see most of my photos on flickr, but I've shared here some of my photos I took with my iPhone.

As we were progressing through our walk we hit a tour, or rather they ran over us. We walked around outside the exhibit to get away from them and just as we were about to come in from the other side here comes this man with a green light-saber held high over his head and being followed by a mob. He was the tour guide, but maybe more appropriately called the light-saber pied piper. It was funny. Instead of "were walking, were walking" it was "keep up with the light, we have more to see."

A leaf waterfall (actually 4 leaves) was one of the highlights of our fall walk.

It was a great Fall walk for JoAnn and I and we finished it off with ice cream from the world famous ice cream bar - and boy was it good!

The brass trees had water falling continually from them. Certainly a reminder of those midwestern fall rains.

4 comments:

Jeni Allen said...

The photos are great! I love them! Wish I was there to see the display. I LOVE the Bellagio!

Lonita said...

Not a bad fall walk! We're looking forward to Christmas in Vegas - sounds like we might be able to get our white Christmas fix at the Bellagio? Unless, of course, it snows like last year...

Krissie said...

Awesome photos! I love walking through the Bellagio to see the displays!

Donna said...

That place is always amazing. Cool pics and easy Fall walk.