Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Perfect Weekend

There are lots of ways to describe weekends and perfect is a term that is used frequently. In fact, perfect is an overworked term. For example there is the "perfect game", the "perfect storm", the "perfect tense", and so forth. The term perfect is defined as, "having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be." That's how I would describe this past weekend

We had all of our children with us in Boise, ID for our youngest son's wedding. It is always an event when we all get together and we all enjoy one another. What made Friday and Saturday special was that our family grew by a whole new family, not just a new daughter-in-law. We made new friends, strengthened family, and on Sunday as everyone was leaving we all felt great. Of course we were all so proud of Mike and Allison and the decisions they made. The daughters have already accepted her as a family member. The Newlyweds even showed up for an informal getting-away dinner on Saturday evening. I would never have done that as a newlywed, but they did, signaling to us just how important family is to them.

Youngest daughter and I drove to Utah for Sunday evening and early Monday morning (still the weekend) we took off for Las Vegas and hadn't gotten too far down the road when the first text message came in. Daughter 3 was in the hospital for the birth of a little girl (Hattie). By 2 pm MDT she had accomplished that miracle and as I talked to her later and asked how Hattie was doing, her response was "Perfect!" And so, you see it was a perfect weekend.

PS - I would be delighted to share a photo of Hattie, but the one's I have are just not cute enough.

4 comments:

Jeni Allen said...

It was a pretty fantastic weekend wasn't it! I loved it. The only thing that would have made it more perfect for me would have been having my immediate family with me. But I got to hold Charlotte for a lengthy amount of time, perfect for me. I love it when the family gets together!

Krissie said...

I had a great weekend! Thanks Dad!

sally said...

Over hear in Idaho it just feels like the action hasn't slown down. I'm taking a nap this afternoon. I got to see Hattie and she is a doll!

Student Entrepreneur said...

We will get some pictures down loaded soon!! I have just been relaxing and sleeping.