Monday, October 12, 2009

Calvin Published

First off, anyone who has seen Calvin write would say, "Calvin published?" Actually, he wasn'ta bad writer - got that from his Mom. And yes he is published, but not in the sense one normally thinks of. In the last edition of my textbook I asked daughter 2 to take some photos at a water playground close to their home. I knew Calvin, his brother, and 2 cousins would all be there and I was pretty sure she could get a good photo. Two of the photos appear below. I used them in a textbook on introduction to recreation and leisure for university programs and also on a poster at a previous institution advertising degrees in recreation and park management. I am particularly fond of the photos because the capture the playfulness of our grandchildren and depict how much they did and do enjoy each other.

Calvin points to what is clearly the object of everyone's attention - where the water is coming up NEXT!

Sure enoug, that was the spot - plus a couple others they didn't anticipate.

3 comments:

Krissie said...

Those are good pictures.

Lonita said...

Great pics - I love their expressions and posture as they get sprayed by the water!

sally said...

I love it. Those two photos go hand in hand.