Thursday, October 15, 2009

Memories...

All of our memories should be good, especially of Calvin. He was sweet, adorable, kind, considerate, a bit spoiled, conniving, sneaky, and a big tease. Hey, for a boy, those are all good memories. He never failed to get a smile from someone, to charm them, to share something with them, to show that he cared. All good traits in a boy. He also loved everyone. I'm not at a loss for words, but so much has been said by others.

I think my favorite photo of Calvin is with Grandma. I love this photo. It sits in our living room. In the photo, as Sally said in her blog, he was measuring up to see how far he had to go to be taller. It is not far. There are a couple of things to note in this photo. The cross between the smile/smirk - a classic Calvin. The arm around Grandma which she obviously loved. The zest for life you can see in his whole face. He did love life and people.


A memory. Shortly after we moved to Las Vegas we were up to Utah for the weekend and as we sat in Fast and Testimony meeting on Sunday morning Calvin leaned over and said, "Grandpa, would you bear your testimony." How could I say no. I got up, walked to the podium and acknowledged Calvin had asked me to share my testimony. I did, but I did it for Calvin and his brothers. It was a special moment I won't soon forget.

2 comments:

sally said...

That is such a wonderful memory dad.

Jeni Allen said...

That is special. I always think I need to bear my testimony more, but to have your children, or grandchildren in your case, makes it that much more special. Thanks for sharing.