Thursday, August 20, 2009

42 and Counting



Yes, that's the number of years JoAnn and I have been together. It's hard to believe sometimes, but then again, I can't think of a better way to spend the last 42 years than the way we have. It has been fun, challenging (mostly because of me), spiritually uplifting, growing (grandchildren), shrinking (kids at home), exciting, boring, scary, rewarding, and mostly a wonderful wonderful experience.

Every day is a new adventure. Every day we get a chance to fall in love again. Every day we live in wonder of how much we love each other. Every day we get to spend time together (almost every day). And best of all, every day we know it's a new day and we can embrace it together.

I could tell stories, but I won't. I just want to savor the day and express my joy in sharing it with JoAnn. And tell the kids thank you for all you are and all you have done.

Dad

Bonus photo of August 18, 1967 and how it all started.

4 comments:

Student Entrepreneur said...

Congrats!!!!! Deano is sitting in my arms and yelling - it is Papa!!!! He sure loves his Papa!!

sally said...

I look at that newly wed photo & wonder if either of you knew what was in store for the next 42 years. I Think you two have done a fabulous job spending 42 years together.

Jeni Allen said...

That was so sweet. I guess you pass dad! You guys are the best!

quilts and quirks said...

What happen to my eyes. I know I have them open most of the time. It's been a journey. One I hope each of our children make. They are off to a good start.