Sunday, August 30, 2009

Grandma's Fan Club

This morning JoAnn received an email from Meagan saying "Please email me soon!" I saw the tag line, went into the bathroom where JoAnn was preparing for Church and said, "You have an email from your fan club."

A few moments later JoAnn responded with, "I didn't know I had a fan club?"

My response was, "Yes, and it's pretty big." Then I remembered a photo I had published on flickr and Jeni commented on, "Grandma with all of her granddaughters." (less Charlotte who couldn't be away from her Mom) and I realized my statement was more true than I had first thought. Of course this photo only shows the girls, but they do have a special bond with their grandmother.

The granddaughters with grandma!

The photo was taken in Frisco, CO at an historical center that all of the granddaughters, grandma, Krissie & Jeni went to - via bus. The girls absolutely loved the bus. When they got back grandpa treated them to ice cream. I realize I've got to buy my fan club. Grandma gets her fan club just because she is grandma. But, I'm not above a little bribery.

Sydney & Bonnie enjoying their ice cream

5 comments:

sally said...

I think this is the cutest photo. grandma & the girls all look so cute.

Student Entrepreneur said...

I love it!! But you don't have to buy your fan club with Deano!! He is ALWAYS talking about his Papa!!

Jeni Allen said...

You know it, Grandma never had a chance. They were all over her from the word go. Although I do remember a few grandchildren learning to walk on tables from their grandpa. Not to mention the cake and ice cream!

Grandpa said...

You are just never going to let that go. So I taught a couple of children to walk on tables, it is an essential skill. I use it all the time.

quilts and quirks said...

I love my fan club. But, I love the grandsons too. Especially when I get hugs.