Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Sleepy Daughter

One of the things that was a surprise to us was how much our 2nd daughter liked to sleep. Now, given the fact that as a baby she slept like everyone else that age, it was not big deal. But, as she got older and we said it was nap time she was the ONLY child we had who NEVER argued with us about taking a nap. Since she was number 2 of 7 we had hope with each new child. That hope was dashed 5 times.

Jeni liked to take naps so much she used to ask, "Can I take a nap?" In fact, she enjoyed them so much we were afraid that when she went to school she wouldn't make it through the day without a nap. She can correct me when she reads this, but I think most of the time she made it through the day. But, going to bed at night was always fun. "Can I go to bed now." At least until she became a teenager, then life changed a little.

As a mother of 4 she has fallen back on her old habits. She can sleep anywhere anytime. I'm still amazed by her ability to fall asleep. I wish I had it sometimes. I guess some things never change. In a way, that is comforting.

3 comments:

quilts and quirks said...

We were all tired during sister's weekend. Jeni was no exception. The girls all went home to get some rest and sleep.

Jeni Allen said...

I LOVE to nap, you're right, somethings never change. But I nap so I can stay up late at night! Actually, I don't nap but maybe an hour here and there now. It's refreshing to not always be tired. But I've been overcoming it for over 38 years. Someday I won't need naps. . . . okay, that will never happen!

Jeni Allen said...

Mom worked it out so I could have a short nap before I went to afternoon kindergarten. I remember waking up and not wanting to go. I still love my bed!