Monday, July 19, 2010

Classic Monday

I have a hard time finding time to write during the week, so I thought I would start a Classic Monday. It can have text, and will always include an historical (or hysterical) photo. Anything over 1-day old is counted as historical.

Tim was born in Kansas in 1975, and by the spring of 1977 he was getting around pretty well. Tim loved his Hot Wheel tricycle. He could really make that thing go. We had a long sidewalk in front of our apartment in Manhattan, Kansas. It wrapped around the parking lot on two sides, so he had about 100 feet of good area to gain speed. Out the backdoor was a playground. I'm not sure the Hot Wheel made it out there much, but if you look at the wheels, it seems that it got a lot of use. I'm sure Tim wasn't the only rider of that Hot Wheel.


You will also note that the car grill and not Tim is in focus. I had an old Mamiya-Sekor camera with a spot meter and sometimes I have now discovered, I had the wrong thing in focus. Too late to fix that problem now, but we can still enjoy the photo.

5 comments:

Lonita said...

That's such a cute picture. Tim and Joshua definitely share a lot of traits, from the tongue-slightly-out-of-mouth pose to a love of wheels.

sally said...

Lonita is so right. I love how happy Tim looks in this photo.

Donna said...

Love the pic! Tim was always a smiley kid. And at least he's not too out of focus.

PS I remember riding the big wheel!

Jeni Allen said...

Cute photo! I remember the wagon behind it. We made it to Ames and that became the rollar coaster! Around and around we went behind the house. There was a small hill behind the pool and we could really get some speed up. I don't know how we didn't get any broken bones!

Student Entrepreneur said...

I love this!!!!