Monday, July 26, 2010

A Busy Birthday Girl

JoAnn had a busy birthday today. Actually, the celebration started last Thursday when Krissie arrived. Among the first things they did was to get a pedicure. I'm not sure, but I think that makes any daughter visit "official."


 I went in to work for a little while this morning and stopped for a few things on the way home. It included a Snickers bar for JoAnn, cause she loves them and since it is her birthday it has to be "fat free." When I got home I gave her the Snickers bar and shot the following photo. Krissie and I were laughing as JoAnn was working towards a zero impact candy bar. Somehow I don't think she spent though time on the bicycle to make it happen.


However, a little later we went down to the strip to the Bellagio to see their atrium, which is always beautiful. I think we walked and perspired more than enough to make up for the candy bar. I shot the following photo of JoAnn and Krissie in front of a sculpted olive tree. The second one Krissie shot of the two of us. It came out pretty good. About 4 pm we dropped Krissie off at the airport and then we went home and crashed.

I love the butterfly in the olive tree.

It is still good to spend time with my favorite best friend and the love of my life.

Krissie is gone and we are home relaxing before we begin packing for our Idaho trip tomorrow. We are sure looking forward to getting out of town. We haven't traveled at all this summer which is unheard of for us. Of course, the birthday party continues once we arrive in Boise. I love thee non-stop birthday parties. My body doesn't, but I do.

5 comments:

quilts and quirks said...

What a fun, fun day today. And I can't think of anything better than a snickers bar to eat while exercising. Being summer in Vegas, that candy bar was starting to melt by the time I got it. It was perfect: almost melted milk chocolate!! Thanks Dan. Thank you Krissie for being here for this special day.

Donna said...

Happy birthday Mom! I love your exercise plan!

Jeni Allen said...

I eat a lot of nut rolls these days! They are packed full of protein! I think snickers are next on the list! Happy Birthday mom! I love you!

sally said...

I love the photo of you and mom together. It is so sweet. I'm glad Mom had a good birthday.

Krissie said...

I'm so glad I was able to come! Thanks again you guys for such a great weekend!