Saturday, February 27, 2010

Commonalities

As I have been viewing family photos recently I have noticed some commonalities between generations. As grandparents we have seen mannerisms in our grandchildren that we had forgotten were present in our own children - at least until I started looking at older family photos. I'm sharing a few of the photos here.

When I first saw Hattie I said, who does she look like and left it at that until I saw a photo of Donna at about the same age. I was amazed how much they look like. I know there will be those that disagree, but trust me, I think I'm right and JoAnn agrees with me.


Then there is Tim and Joshua. They have the same infectious smile and it's fun to see how much they look alike.


And finally, there is the famous finger action. We have found this in several of our children, including this father and grandfather (guess I'm the culprit). As I shared this with JoAnn she admitted she too is a "finger person." It's fun to go back and see their fingers poised for action.


Similar or not that's for you to determine and figure out who they are and if your kids have the same mannerisms as you or your spouse.

8 comments:

Donna said...

Love how that red & gold sofa keeps popping up in all these old pics. It's fun to see the comparisons between the generations.

Grandpa said...

Did I fail to mention the last photo includes Donna, Bonnie, and Sally?

Student Entrepreneur said...

Donna, I thought the same thing when I saw the sofa!!! I am excited if Hattie turns out anything like Donna!!!! She will look GREAT!!! Love you!!

sally said...

I wondered if that was Donna next to Bonnie & I. When Donna was talking about nervous ticks she looked at me and said what about your hands and I laughed - yeah I know. I never stop moving my hands, many people have noticed this over the years and assume it's a nervous thing but at this point it's just a habit. It is cool to see Hattie & Donna, especially when Bonnie see's photos of Donna at Ellen's age and says hey that Ellen. I just giggle.

sally said...

By the way I forgot to say it's really neat to see Tim & Joshua's similarity. Also it's nice to see the McLean stamp has continued on to the next generation.

Lonita said...

It's fun to see the family resemblances! Though I think Joshua has an extra chin or two on Tim in that photo. :-)

quilts and quirks said...

I love looking back at family photos. It just reminds me of our great kids and terrific grandkids. Isn't it wonderful how we look alike and do some of the same things.

Jeni Allen said...

Fingers and toes. They never stop moving! My Josie cat loves to watch my toes move while I watch TV. She just sits there and stares. I love the photos too, so cute. Remember dad pulled out a pic of Donna when Alyssa was two and they looked identicle. She's on her way to looking like a McLean, yipee!