Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Sally

It's that time of the year when the McLean family birthdays are in full bloom. I was inspired by Suzanne's post for Jeni in January and followed suit. Then I though, why not do that for all of the children this year. Who has more incriminating photos than Dad? And after a 2.5 year hiatus of scanning old photos, I'm back in the game. I'll do a blog on the process, because it is time consuming. Now, let's get down to business and honor Sally on her . . . well, I'm not allowed to tell you how old she is, but her first photos were in 1979.

You have to admire Suzanne holding a screaming Sally, who clearly wasn't impressed that her big sister who was already taking care of her. Worse yet, Suzanne looked a little spacey in this photo, like, "Why me?"

Tim is much more relaxed (JoAnn says to note the peanut butter on his face - a McLean trait), but Sally is still not impressed with who is holding her. I do think I see a little Joshua in Tim.

This is my personal favorite. It must be Easter Sunday as everyone is dressed up, or at least Sunday. Mom passes little Sally ( 2 months) to Donna who is all ready to receive her and just as focused then as she is today. We have no idea who the little tike in the background is. Some neighbor child watching the goings-on.

Remember Sally, it's okay to suck that thumb. Just ask Charlotte.

This photo may explain why you don't see too many photos of me. Yes, it is barely 1980 and yes that is a red flannel shirt and plaid pants, and no, they were NOT bell-bottoms, but they are bright. I never realized my mustache was quite that big, not to mention the long sideburns. If you would have asked I would have said I never had long sideburns. It didn't seem to bother Sally who was enjoying herself.

I have enough ammunition to go on for months and I'll get another blog up yet this weekend looking at some of Sally's later years. I am also posting photos on our flickr page, so you can go there to see more of our loved ones.

9 comments:

Lonita said...

Nice pictures! Looks like Sally was happy to escape her brother and sister's grasp and be off on her own. (And nice to see where JJ gets his gotta-have-food-on-the-face trait from.)

Tim said...

Nice pants, dad!

Krissie said...

Love the pics dad! I really enjoy you doing this for everyones birthday!

Grandpa said...

You guys are just jealous of the great looking pants. Of course if I wore them now you would know I was senile!

sally said...

I am totally jealous of the pants, we need more plaid pants these days. Thanks for the awesome pictures, it's fun seeing ones I've never seen before.

Jeni Allen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeni Allen said...

Holy Cow, Grandpa was a hippee!" That's the words that came out of Alyssa's mouth. Craig and I tried to explain that it was 1980, but she insists he was a hippee! I love the pics!

PS, the comment deleted before had to many typos in it!

Student Entrepreneur said...

Okay dad, love the pants:) Happy Birthday Sally!!

Donna said...

Love the pants Dad! Love the pics, especially yours