Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sally's Last Birthday Hurrah

I know this is late on Sunday afternoon - even for Las Vegas, but we have had a busy day, that of course included a little nap. When you hit your post hippie years (at least that was how Alyssa described me when she saw me in my plaid pants and red shirt) you need more rest. Plus, I discovered we must have taken a vacation from embarrassing our children and I had to hunt hard for photos. Sometime in the 1980s companies quit doing slides and we quit taking photos using slides. Bad idea! Following a diligent and detailed search I've found a few photos to finish off Sally's X1st Birthday. Hey, that's less than half my age or was I not supposed to say that.

Enjoy the photos Sally,

My personal favorite in this batch is our beach girl from our visits to Alabama, of course coming in the middle of an Indiana winter, Sally got her sunburn. What would she do without her mother?
Our little girl likes her hamburgers and never turns down a lap.

Somewhere with her best friend Melissa. Two sixth graders on the loose is dangerous.
Suzanne and Sally out front.
And here is almost the whole gang in a grainy dark photo, but everyone can find Strider in the front.
Sally has a certain unreasonable love for nutcrackers.

At the beach with the gang and check out the shark's teeth.
It's Mother's Day 1997 and Grandpa & Grandma Ruby were in town, however, why Sally gets to cut the cake is a mystery to me. She was no mother ... then!
And we finish with everyone's favorite dog - Strider.

2 comments:

sally said...

Those are probably more embarrassing then the one you emailed me nursing. I think I'm going to have to send Melissa over to see the pics. It's amazing that even as adults we keep changing and growing up. It makes me a little nostalgic to go back to be a kid but not that much. I really LOVE driving in the snow.

quilts and quirks said...

these photos aren't embarrassing. I think they are cute, of a cute girl, at a fun age. But, I wouldn't want to be that young again.