Friday, June 26, 2009

Melted Malted Milk Ball Mountain

Yesterday was exciting at our house. Colorado daughter called and wanted to make sure we checked the mail. We are getting older, but JoAnn lives for all those adds we get in Las Vegas - NOT! Our recycle is full every week. This time, however, Colorado daughter said my Father's Day Present should arrive today! I was excited, especially since I had no idea what it was.

JoAnn went down, checked the mail and came back with a box. She started to very carefully open it and I had zero patience at that point. Of course I was still on drugs from my procedure that afternoon (and there will be NO blogs on that) so I can try to excuse myself. I asked for the package and promptly got it open. Material? I got material for Father's day? Talk about disappointed. But wait, there was a box in the box. I pulled it out and it was wrapped (see the photo) and I could tell what it was. The shape of a malted milk balls box is distinctive and anything chocolate is a sure hit. I opened it up, pulled out some soft milk balls. Gave JoAnn a couple and popped a couple in my mouth. No crunch, just sort of a squish-crunch.

Wait a minute, there was no rattle when I shook the box. Think Daniel, think. Oh, summer, 90 plus degrees, sitting in a hot mailbox and probably in a hot mail truck, and who knows where else? Now what do we do? I am not throwing away perfectly good malted milk balls. Into the refrigerator. Results - A Melted Malted Milk Ball Mountain. Okay a Square Melted Malted Milk Ball Mountain. Too bad I didn't take photos of me carving the mountain to get to the milk balls. At this point the appropriate term is probably malted milk slices. Who knows, maybe I have hit on something. Probably not, the FDA would surely find something wrong with it. However it does spawn creativity.

5 comments:

Jeni Allen said...

I'll have to rethink that next time. Chocolate in June in Vegas, or many other parts of the country isn't a smart idea. But I love the idea of malted milk slices! I think you're onto something there! Almost like fudge! There was a card too wasn't there???

Donna said...

That's awesome! A Malted Milk Ball Tower!

Student Entrepreneur said...

How come you aren't going to blog about your 'high' you were on? It was ALL legal!! Even though mom swears you weren't - I talked to you!!

Grandpa said...

Yes there was a card and NO I wasn't HIGH on any pain killers... I don't think anyway.

Krissie said...

You were totally high on medication! You probably didn't think you were high either when you came out from your ankle surgery either! I love the chocolate tower!