Saturday, June 27, 2009

Little Things that Bring Sacred Remembrances

I received an email from Donna last evening sharing with me that individuals were still posting to Calvin's obituary pages on both the Provo and Salt Lake City Newspaper web sites. I had previously put together a complete set of all the comments from both newspapers. This time I added another 10 comments for a total of just over 160. I was doing fine until I read one of the comments from a friend. I have posted it below:

"Yesterday was our last day of school and everyone wished that you were there to sign yearbooks. but you are in a better place now. You got picked for the nicest boy, and you got a whole page about you. You would never believe how much we missed you at lunch work. PEACE BUDDY."

As Donna has said on more than one occasion, the memories come flooding back. I felt like I was sitting at the kitchen table in Utah surrounded by my whole family. I felt like I needed it at that point today and I did feel my family's love. The memories remain good. Our lives go on with Calvin always in our thoughts. The knowledge and experiences we had will last until we see him again.

When I get a pdf of the year book page I hope to post it on this blog.

Below is one of my favorite photos. I keep it on my dresser.


Remember, Families are Forever - Wherever they are!

3 comments:

Student Entrepreneur said...

WOW! Is all I can say!

Donna said...

I still have not run out of memories to write in my own book. Thank goodness I can remember them and write them down. It is always wonderful to see sweet things like that from his friends.

Jeni Allen said...

Donna and I poured over the yearbooks while we were at her house. They are very sweet. Take a look next time you are there. We do miss Calvin, but I've had Clayton here this last week and it's been so fun. I hate for him to go home, but his mom says he has too. We're sad, but it's been a lot of fun. One big personality difference, I didn't have to worry constantly what him and Mac were doing. That was a relief!