Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sister's Weekend Has Officially Ended - Sort of. . .

I received the following graphic from daughter number 3 with daughters 4 and 5 in the photo. Now at least I know where my car is parked when I get home tomorrow. That makes things good. I carried on periodic text messages with daughters (JoAnn doesn't do text messaging) so I feel as if I know 2% of what went on and that is probably all I want to know.

Yet, it was a good weekend. Two days in a row we exhausted the kids - Bakes and Bradleys. At least I thought we did. Yesterday Deano came home exhausted and slept. Then both boys went down later without a peep - okay, after an hour of talking. But then I remember that my brother and I would talk into the evening after we were put to bed, so it must be in their genes. Daughter number 3 may need a week to readjust her 4 to family life again. I'm sure I've run them a little ragged.

After Church today the girls needed to go out and feed the chickens and ducks. They work pretty well as a team most of the time, as depicted by the photo below.


My heart goes out to those grandparents who raise their grandchildren. I know I'm not cut out for it. I love coming home to JoAnn and a nice quiet home. We enjoy our family, but we also enjoy our time together and we think we have earned it. We have great kids with great families and they do well. We are proud of them. Did I fail to mention that Mike was an awesome help this weekend and I could not have done it without him? It's true! Thanks Mike.

No comments: