Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Letters

Today Grandma and I each received a letter from our 2nd Grandaughter (Alexis) in Idaho. The letters...

"Grandmu

Why are you not calling me (obviously Grandma made a commitment) becus you sed that you wod call me evry 1 week and your not wiy?

Sind back
Love Alexis"

Okay, Grandma feels appropriately chastened and has made a commitment to the calls.

Letter 2 to Grandma:

"Dear Gramu

I love you sow much. But I hop the other letter do's not disupot you gramu!

Love Alexis"

A little repentance on her part. She love Grandma, but wants those phone calls. I suspect they will be coming on a regular basis.

Now Grandpa's letters. There were two buried in the envelope and I didn't find the second one until I saw Grandma had 2 letters.

"Dear Grampu,

I love you. I chang my mind I wont to go to Diny land (Disneyland). I wont to go sown to your how's (house). How is Wisper! (Whisper is the Devil Cat who doesn't like children).

Love
Alexis

Sind Back!"

Letter 2:

"Hi Grampu

I hope your bak fil's beter.

Wind are we going to Disny land?

Love,
Alexis

Sind Back!"

Don't you just love the letters. Like all of our grandchildren she is so sweet. Although I hope her mother reports fully on Alexis's doctor visit yesterday where she tried to slug the nurse when she was getting a shot! I will leave that for Suzanne.

You can see there are some clear expectations on Alexis's part for us to respond. I guess JoAnn and I have some letter writing to do. The work of Grandparent's never ends, but then we don't want it to end.

5 comments:

sally said...

You most certainly have to write back. Yes Lexi is a bit obnoxious but I think we all were at that age. I remember Grandma Longcor used to write back to me when I'd send notes with mom's letters. It meant so much to me and still does to this day. It especially meant a lot when we visited and she called me her pen pal. Those memories will last forever.

Student Entrepreneur said...

I love that little girl!! She does love her grandparents VERY much and can't wait for Disney Land!!

Student Entrepreneur said...

I love that little girl!! She does love her grandparents VERY much and can't wait for Disney Land!!

Jeni Allen said...

What's this about disneyland? We better be invited!!!!! My kids always ask why we haven't been there. I never have a good answer, I just tell them "I've never been there!"

Krissie said...

Can I go to Disneyland too!? If we go before end of June, we get a discount!