Sunday, January 11, 2009

Grandma's Cleaning Up

On Friday evening, after a long and very busy week, we were sitting around relaxing and turned on the television about 8 pm. I was really ready to relax, but not Grandma. No, she felt guilty about not doing something - that is so Grandmaish - always got to be working on something. I had better be careful while I write this since she is sitting next to me. I suggested she relax, but it didn't seem to be taking. Finally I asked, what's the big deal? You've worked all week on stuff, surely you can relax one evening. But that quilting room was just screaming at her. Somehow I was able to convince her that relaxing was more important then working. It was getting late and I still wanted to relax and not by myself. Nothing selfish about me.

Saturday rolls around and sure enough Grandma is ready to work on that quilting room. It must have been around noon. Remember, she is the night quilter. Early afternoon I looked in and she was on the computer. Is it clean already, was my question. Yes, it is. I took one look at her workspace and it didn't look clean to me. So I took a photo, which I will pay for.


After a quick look from Grandma I knew I was on think ice, so I took off, made myself invisible, not to be seen. Sometime later, after hearing some commotion I sneaked out of my hiding spot, made a quick check, and sure enough the quilting room was clean and as Grandma whizzed by she said, "I found some really neat stuff."


She's happy and I'm happy and the room's clean. It works for all of us.

3 comments:

Student Entrepreneur said...

Now lets see a picture of your desk area:) Never tell a woman to stop cleaning!!

Jeni Allen said...

So quick too! when are you coming to visit again??

Krissie said...

It's so clean! Good job!