Friday, September 3, 2010

Mars Strikes Again

Wednesday morning we were sitting in the hospital, me in my gown, and JoAnn just waiting for them to wheel me off for surgery. They had just taken my blood pressure and it has been a little high due to my pain. It was down to 138 so as we were talking I turned to JoAnn and said "I am at 138, how about you." Note how I cleverly neglected to mention what the 138 related to. I figure after all these years she should know exactly what I'm talking about. Back to the conversation.

"I am at 138, how about you."

"I'm 154."

"Your blood pressure is 154!?" I say with a certain amount of concern.

"Blood pressure? I thought you were talking about weight."

And so you have it - Venus and Mars remain in different orbits.

4 comments:

Jeni Allen said...

Holy Cow! You just put mom's weight on the internet! Does she know about this??? I'll be so happy when I'm down to that! I'm so glad the surgery went well and you feel good. It must be hard to stay down when you are in less pain then you've been in for a long time. Love you!

Krissie said...

That's funny! Jeni, dad just had surgery, give him a break. At least he's not repeating himself repeatedly this time!!! Love you dad!

quilts and quirks said...

I was just so happy to be down to that weight. I didn't realize what numbers he had said. I don't even know what my blood pressure numbers are.

sally said...

Krissie that was so funny when Dad would say things twice after his one surgery in Bloomington. I love how Mom answered your question.