Sunday, January 31, 2010

Text Messages & Text Photos are the Best

You never know what you are going to get on your phone, especially when it comes to text messages. Lots of times they are just silly. Other times they are profound. Other times they are just family updates. Different messages have different meanings.

On Friday we received 3 photos, in the mail, of our grandchildren in Idaho and I shot a telephone call (I know, that is so 90ish) off to our daughter to tell her how cute the kids were. The next morning I got the following message from our daughter and on Sunday morning I got a photo, which I've played with, and have now several versions of our little dynamo - Charlotte. Keeping up to date with the kids is fun.

"Tell mom, I put the buttons on the dress she finished for Charlotte. I'll text you a photo tomorrow. I'm so glad you liked the pics. I thought surprise mail is fun but even better with photos from the grandkids. By the way, Bekah taught Bonnie to ride her bike this week. It's been fun. Chas of course fell off his bike & now just likes to wear his bike helmet while he pushes his bike."

Everyone knows I can't leave well enough alone and I had a new app for my iPhone, so I had to try it out along with some other apps, and the results of cute little Charlotte are below:

Let's start by just focusing on the dress and keep all the rest a little gray!
And then just a little darker, but good contrast and that cute smile, with the finger in the mouth is highlighted.
Then we add in a little high contrast and get another interesting view!
And finally, just flat out cute!

3 comments:

sally said...

You wouldn't believe the number of comments I got on that dress today. Everyone thought she was a doll and of course being mama I agreed.

Jeni Allen said...

It's a totally cute dress. I need to sew some more for my little girls. I tend to like the third photo the best, it looks old fashioned. Cute! Don't most of your text messages start "tell mom . . ."?

Donna said...

I start my test messages "Ask Mom..." usually some cooking questions. I do like the pics, they are cute.