Saturday, September 26, 2009

This Week's Mail

I will be the first to admit that I'm not typically excited by the mail. In Las Vegas we receive more ads in the mail than we used to receive in the Sunday newspaper. If they were putting ads through the mail elsewhere like they do in Las Vegas the Post Office wouldn't have a budget problem and we could still send mail for 25 cents (well, maybe not).

However, I learned from my dad that he had received Allison & Mike's wedding announcement. I hadn't. Or at least I didn't think I had received it. That was Thursday evening. I came home, but it was late enough I really didn't think about the mail. On Friday morning I found it on the kitchen counter. You can see the photo above. JoAnn had gotten the mail just before she left for the temple, so she took it with her. It was great to wake up and find the invitation and photo first thing on Friday morning. It's the best mail we have received in weeks.

On the down side, now we have nothing to look forward to in the mail until that next grandchild arrives. Or unless JoAnn, or one of our children (hint) sends us a surprise. On second thought, I guess we will just have to wait until Hattie is born - and then I have to look at email, MMS, facebook, but no real mail. I guess I can live with that - as long as we get something showing the cute little girl.

3 comments:

Jeni Allen said...

It must be the weekend, dad's blogging again! We got our's today (or earlier, I don't check the mail that often) too!

Krissie said...

We got ours also today, put it right on the fridge!

Donna said...

Love the announcement and their fun pics!