Friday, April 17, 2009

Mom Can ALWAYS Find It!

We are in Modesto at my sister's home for the weekend. They have a beautiful place in the country and we are in the "guest house" (eat your heart out folks). We heard a phone ring while we were sitting and relaxing. I got up to answer it, but after 2 rings it quit. That was insufficient time for me to find it. A while later it rang again - only 2 rings. I figured my sister was picking up in the house. No, we get a knock on the door and her husband comes in and he starts rummaging through the shelves by the video surveillance (no, not of us). It turns out the ringing was his cell phone. He is on his way out and needs it. He calls it again, but no ring. He points up and says it is up there (about 7 feet off the ground). We are looking. JoAnn says, what color is it? "Black," is Mike's response. Still no ring. Then JoAnn points on the waist high counter between the roles of toilet paper and the baby car seat and says, "There it is."

What can I say, it's just like riding a bike - you never forget how. And now I know it's true, "Mom's really can ALWAYS FIND IT. I stand in humble awe of mothers.

2 comments:

Donna said...

That's one of Mom's specialties, that and cinnamon rolls!

sally said...

No wonder you're not at home. By the way it's my guest house not the guest house. Have fun - I was just thinking how absolutely wonderful it is at Jeri's place. The horses and fields.