Monday, December 22, 2008

In Honor of Calvin's 14th Birthday

Today Calvin would have been 14 years old. We were reminded by several daughters and encouraged to participate in a Mexican feast - one of Calvin's favorite foods. Of course I think any food was Calvin's favorite food.

Our oldest son, spouse, youngest grandson (and grandchild), JoAnn and I went to the Monterrey Cafe and had a great Mexican feast. We were stuffed.

A chip in honor of Calvin's love of chips!

The first time we took Calvin to a Mexican restaurant was in Boise, Idaho when he was 3 or 4 years old (I know I will hear from my kids telling me how old he really was, but when you get older age is less important than just remembering). We were sitting at the table, he in a high chair, and they brought chips. He took one look at the chips, his eyes got big, and in a loud voice, "Wow, Chips!" We all laughed so hard. The waitress was so impressed by Calvin's enthusiasm.

This evening's dinner was a little more subdued, but we enjoyed it nonetheless and fondly remembered Calvin. Happy Birthday grandson from Grandma and Grandpa.

Obviously, his wasn't taken at the restaurant, but the photo I took with my iPhone was just terrible and I couldn't share it. This photo is much better.

No comments: