Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Phone Call


Yesterday I called my daughter in Colorado just to touch base. It was late afternoon and later at her house than mine. Granddaughter 3 answered and said "Who is this?"

Of course, I responded with, "I don't know who's this?"

"Is that you Grandpa?"

"Yes it is. What are you doing?"

"Just laying here watching television."

"Why aren't you doing your homework?"

"Because I'm just laying here."

"Do you have homework?"

"No."

"Oh. Well is your Mom there?"

"No, but you can call her on her cell phone."

"That's okay. When your Mom get's home tell her, 'Na Na Na Naa Na - I talked to Grandpa and you didn't!'"

"Giggle, Giggle."

"Bye Sweetheart"

"Bye Grandpa"

It was a great conversation with an 8 year old.

2 comments:

Jeni Allen said...

Didn't you read my latest blog entry dad, she's BUSY being sick on the sofa. She LOVES being sick. She did go to school today, but Sydney did NOT. No rest for the mommy!

sally said...

you are so bad