Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The forgotten good-bye


It's all about where you start. The beginning is usually the best. I discover almost every day that being a grandparent is a wonderful experience. Take Sunday, I flew home early from Colorado and from my daughter's home. Her oldest daughter was asleep when I left and when she came down stairs later her first words were, "Where's Grandpa?" Mom goes, "He needed to get home so I took him to the airport." "He left without saying goodbye!"

Did I feel like a heal? Yep. I was trying to be quiet, keep the house noise down, and just sneak out, which I tend to do. Next time it will be all about waking everyone up. Sorry kids, but no more sneaking out - well maybe. I do love leaving late at night!
[Note: The photos is a few years old - Oldest daughter is now a teen]

1 comment:

Jeni Allen said...

that's right! No more sneaking out!