Sunday, February 12, 2012

Three Generations Project

Almost 2 weeks ago JoAnn flew off to Denver to get her once a decade taste of a blizzard and this year was no exception as Colorado and Aurora got a "top 10" snow storm. That was just a bonus for being there. She really went to spend time with our daughter, son-in-law, granddaughters, and grandson -- and yes, to go to a "sewing conference." Silly me, I didn't even know they had such things. And snow or no snow, they made the 2nd day of the conference. I'll let JoAnn tell her "snow day" story of fun with the family.

On their first day there Jeni had made arrangements to do a 3-generation photos of the girls - Grandma, Mom, and daughters/granddaughters. When the photo showed up last week I was really impressed. It is such a good photo and captures the 5 of them wonderfully.

L-R Front - Sydney, Alyssa, Meagan
L-R Back - Jeni (Mom), JoAnn (Grandma)

I got to thinking. We are going to be on the road this summer and visit everyone - or they are going to visit us. Why not do a whole new set of photos focusing on the three-generations that are present in 5 of our 7 families. Those 2 families without children will do 2-generation photos. I shared the idea with JoAnn and she thought it was great too. So kids, when we show up this summer; or when you show up here, be prepared for a photo shoot - and no, they won't all be professional - but they will be fun and a new collection of photos for us to hang on our walls and enjoy. We will keep you posted with the photos as they are taken.

3 comments:

quilts and quirks said...

We are going to have lots of fun taking pictures and visiting. I love all the pictures of all my family in our home.

Krissie said...

How fun! I love being able to take photos! And we have some great locations here to take them :)

Jeni Allen said...

We had so much fun. Thanks for letting mom come and stay. The blizzard was spectacular. I love the snow. A snowed in day with my family is always memorable, but add mom to the mix and it's icing on the cake. Oh yeah, we did make a triple chocolate cake with white buttercream icing!