Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Work is Finished Here!

I've heard some dreaded comments before, but on Friday evening my oldest son casually stated, "My work is done here." What does that mean, you ask? I did ask and his response was, "I just beat your score in Bejeweled 2." Well he should have, I didn't see my iPad almost the whole time he was here. It was bad enough that on Friday evening he beat my high score - let me emphasize that it was MY high score he beat. He doesn't know how hard I had to work to stay ahead of JoAnn's high score. Yet on Sunday, just before we took him down to his hotel he casually mentioned that he had a new high score and had doubled my high score. That's like insult to injury. It's okay to show dad up, but twice in one weekend. We won't mention that he can climb higher than I can because his legs are longer - but at least he didn't make an issue of it. I'm thinking about hiding my iPad in the future. I can only take so much abuse, especially with me delicate ego. Watch out Tim, you never know when I'll sneak up and steal that high score - but then again, don't hold your breath.


And no, I won't erase those high scores. I want mine to show when I finally beat Tim. However, I fear that JoAnn will have high scores long before I will.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Go Tim! Someone finally beat Dad at a game!

Jeni Allen said...

Awesome! I can never get the high score in anything other than Tetris!

Emily said...

Ouch! I beat my husbands score on Fruit Ninja and he pouted for a whole 2 hours and finally gave up trying.

sally said...

I fear Bonnie might beat you someday soon herself. She loves that ipad.