Friday, June 25, 2010

Venus & Mars are Still Functioning

It's good to know in our world that some things don't change. JoAnn and I went out to dinner tonight for ribs. As usual we shared a half-rack, and got hush-puppies and corn on the cob as our sides. That means we got 5 hush-puppies and 1 piece of corn on the cob.

Since we always share the sides (unless it's something I don't like) I told JoAnn, "Let's divide it, each eating half." If you are a guy, what does that mean? "You eat the right half and I'll eat the left half."

If you're a woman what it means is located below:


The photo says it all. When I looked at it and looked at JoAnn and said, "I meant half each," and she responded with, "That's half." And then I laughed as she said, "I always eat all the way across." While I always eat all the way around.

It's good to know we still communicate and can still laugh about it. We still speak in terms of gender. You would think after 42 years we would have it figured out. I guess not, but that's okay because we love each other. Thanks JoAnn for keeping me on my toes.

5 comments:

quilts and quirks said...

And I'm still laughing about the corn. That is the BIG question of the day: How Do You Eat Your Corn on the Cob??

sally said...

I eat mine like Mom, but I am a girl. The really important thing is that you both get along so well & have fun together after 42 years. It's definitely something to brag about!

Student Entrepreneur said...

I am not sure how I eat my corn - but you better believe I will think about it the next time I eat one!!!

I love how a women and a man think - we both think we are thinking the same things - but NO we aren't!!

michael said...

sorry Dad, mom's right about how you eat corn on the cob. you go side to side not all the way around.

Krissie said...

Ever since I had braces, I cut my corn off the cob...that way, I can't ruin my non-existing braces. I love that you guys still enjoy each other, such great roll models