Thursday, June 3, 2010

Saturday Morning Dreams

Two weeks ago I wrote about "Saturday Night Lights" in Spanish Fork, UT. I meant to followup with this blog right away, but somehow time just got away from me. Not that that's unusual. So here I am on Thursday evening playing catch-up.

If you are a boy and play baseball on Friday night then you should be allowed to sleep in on Saturday morning. Donna's "baby" believes that wholly - even if he doesn't play ball on Friday night.


And like any 9-year old he has his room set up the way he wants it. For example, all you can see of baby is a little hair. That other batch of multicolored hair on the far side of the bed is "Tank," baby's sleeping partner.

To be honest, I haven't seen a leaf canopy over a bed in an awfully long time (like forever), but it gives the room a certain ambiance. It's my understanding that middle child picked out the colors. I didn't count pillows and quilts, but I think he is set for a long spring sleep. If you could have seen outside you would note that the snow was down pretty low. I guess I should have cuddled up like that also (in my own bed).


Note the flashlight on the stand to the left. Standard Army issue from about 1950 to 1990. It looks good, but when I checked it there were no batteries. But then, he sleeps with a light on.

It took a little prodding, but he finally came out from under those covers. Okay, it took a little tickling rather than prodding. But he was all smiles ... which is what we Grandpas look for.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Now that school's out he thinks he gets to sleep in every day, and I"m not there to drag him out of bed! Oh well, you only get to be a kid once. Good picture!