Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cruising on the Pier

On last Sunday afternoon JoAnn and I were walking on the Ventura Pier. It's been a long time since we had walked on a pier on the Pacific Ocean. It was a wonderful walk. It's about 200 yards out to the end of the pier and we were enjoying the vista and the people when a bicycle cruised by us ever so slowly. I glanced at it as it went by, then did a double take as I saw a beautiful bicycle. This custom bicycle caught my curiosity and I wanted to take a photo of it. As we continued walking down the pier we caught up with the now parked bicycle. I talked to the owner and asked about the bicycle. He had built it and he was awfully proud of the bicycle and bashful. I couldn't get a photo of him with his bicycle.

I call it an "art bicycle" because like all good sculpture it is a masterpiece. There might be those who would argue with me, but take time to look at the craftsmanship, the care and love that was taken in sculpting this bicycle. There was obvious pride in workmanship. It is a classic and was made to be ridden and admired.



Our walk down the pier turned into an adventure because it was enhanced by the beauty of a craftsman and artist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.