Friday, August 17, 2012

Photo Memories

"Fav Photos" lasted all of one post. I realized that "Photo Memories" was what I am really talking about. Today's post is the first of Photo Memories and one many more I think you will really enjoy. I'll try to keep it balanced, but I'm not sure what balanced is. Just enjoy the moments as you read and remember!

All of our daughters and both of our boys are above average cooks. I'm a little biased, but when you look at my cooking skills you have to be impressed with what others do. I am learning, but am light years behind my sons and daughters - and always will be. The girls tend to excel and our oldest daughter loves to cook more then anyone else in the family. We are constantly amazed at her cooking prowess and how effortless it seems. Even as a teenager she could make perfect cakes and pies from scratch. Well, I found this photo and now I know where those skills came from. She is almost 2 years old and helping JoAnn/Mom make a cake. How do I know it's a cake - Because Donna is making sure the frosting doesn't go to waste. You might also notice that JoAnn is using a handheld electric mixer and powdered milk (in the container). If you see the green measuring cup by the milk, it's the same set of measuring cups we are still using. I think we may still have the green mixing bowl too, but the milk container and the mixer are gone. I'll also bet it was chocolate cake - it was our favorite! It's gone too!!!


3 comments:

Donna said...

I do love baking! Thankfully Mom was a great teacher. I also love this picure.

quilts and quirks said...

What could be better than making chocolate cake. I think any cake or cookie was a regular in our family's diet. I still love baking them. I love that my daughters and sons love to cook and do a good/great job. The picture was taken in a very small kitchen. But, being in Utah, it had a large and wonderful pantry.

Jeni Allen said...

What a sweet post! I love the photos you took of us as little ones. They are so precious! I hope for a yellow cake, that's my favorite!