Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Letter from the President

I was going through some of my Dad's items that he had given me and organizing and scanning them. I came across a letter from President Truman thanking him for his service in World War II. He told me last week it was the Marine Corps that trained him to be successful in the Air Force.

I realize that millions of Americans received this letter, but since I had never seen it before I thought that you might also enjoy reading the letter. It was a different time and different situation from what we face today, but what remains the same are individuals answering the call to arms. Click on the letter to see it in a larger size.


4 comments:

Krissie said...

That is so cool!

Marti said...

So very cool!

quilts and quirks said...

Thank goodness for all the men who put their ALL on the line for freedom. They are our "real stars" and heroes of this world.

sally said...

So glad Grandpa was around to serve his country. That is a very cool letter and doubly neat that it was saved.