Saturday, June 30, 2012

At the Drop of a Hat

Our family likes to get together. We visit the children and grandchildren - they visit us - sometimes in groups - we have Sister's Weekend annually - family reunion every 2 years - we get together on holidays - and more. It's not always all of us, but it may be 2 or more families. We all wish we could make all of these events, but the beauty of smaller get togethers is that we still have a great time and enjoy each other all the more.

Today we have 4 families in San Diego. Krissie and David live there - thanks the the U.S. Marine Corps - and Jeni and Donna decided to come and visit together with their families. That adds 10 additional people to David & Krissie's little 3 bedroom condo (a nice term for military housing). Then Sally and her family (6 more) had their scooter rally in Colorado Springs, CO cancelled, so it was off to San Diego - and at least they brought a tent. That means there are 18 people at Krissie and David's house through tomorrow when they leave for Sacramento and visit David's family for the 4th; Donna, Chris  and family go home; Jeni, Craig and the kids come back to our place for the 4th; and who know's what the Bradley clan has up their sleeve. As I've said more than once, "Our family will get together at the drop of a hat!" and this weekend proves it remains true.

The photo below, which I just received via email from the families in San Diego includes front to back and left to right: Front row: Meagan, Charlotte, Chas, and Bonnie. Middle row: Sydney, Cole, and Alyssa. Back row: Clayton, David & Sammy, Krissie, and Mac.


4 comments:

quilts and quirks said...

I'm so sad we missed out on this gathering. I just know they are having fun. But, I'm enjoying my bed each night. Aren't those cute grandkids and David and Krissie too!

Donna said...

It was fun!

Jeni Allen said...

Gotta say I squealed with delight when I found out Sally's family was going to join in the fun! I think we did amazingly well in the close quarters. I don't think there was one disagreement. I already miss everyone!

sally said...

It was such a fun weekend. The older cousins did great with my young four kids. Each big cousin took one under their wing when we'd go somewhere, usually this was Jeni's kids. It was great that Jeni's kids & my kids spent time together. We even got Sydney doing Bonnie's hair & I guess she never does anyone's hair. Alyssa had my three rolling on the ground when she introduced the term butt hole. I guess the kids were dying. Meagan was attached to Sammy all weekend & he couldn't of been happier. It worked out so well I was sad to leave.