Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Art Museum Wednesday

While we were in Denver in early April we spent some time in the Denver Art Museum. It's wonderful enough that JoAnn and I want to go back again. I took a few photos with my iPhone in the "Americas" exhibit and thought I would share them here.


This is a modern piece of art that I really liked. It is called "gossiping."




This last photo is a piece of art done by a Native American and was actually created right in the museum. It took several months and the creation was an exhibit in itself. I thought that was a great approach to engaging people in creating art - even though most of what they did was observe.


2 comments:

Jeni Allen said...

I really love the art museum. Alyssa and I like to go together on a Saturday. It's awesome that it's free the first Saturday of every month. If you don't get to all the floors it's okay, because you can go back next month!

quilts and quirks said...

I really enjoyed the art museum. I loved that there are sites on each floor to engage little aged visitors. Every age can find something to look at or be involved with.