Thursday, August 18, 2011

Where has the time gone?

It seems like just yesterday, or maybe the day before, that I was courting my beautiful bride in Modesto, California. But yet, it's been 44 years today. It was 107 degrees the day we were married and thank goodness we didn't take that as an omen. It would have been the wrong one. Our adventures over the last 44 years have wonderful. Who would have thought that all these years later we would have 7 children, almost 16 grandchildren, and lived in so many different and exciting places.

Neither one of us had a clue about where our life would take us, but the trip has been wonderful. I count my blessings when I look at my bride - and yes, she is still my bride - even if we both have a little time on our side.

Happy Anniversary Lover! It has been fun and I'm looking forward to the next 44 years. Maybe we can do it together on our own 4-wheeler!


7 comments:

Donna said...

Happy Anniversary! Love you two.

Jeni Allen said...

Happy Anniversary! I love you both so much!

quilts and quirks said...

I think Dad meant: 110 degrees (so hot-I'm surprised anyone came to the wedding) and we almost have 17 grandkids. What an adventure. For a girl that moved only one time before getting married, it has been an adventure of a lifetime. I've loved almost all of it. I just take except to 4 months in Lawton, Okla. I was just learning about real humidity and BIG thunder storms. What a surprise the weather was to me. Now I love the thunder storms. Life has been good to me.

Krissie said...

Happy Anniversary! The two of you are such an inspiration to us!

Student Entrepreneur said...

Happy Anniversary!!

sally said...

Happy Anniversary! Sorry it's a little late, I'm behind on my blogs.

Gloria said...

Wow, how thrilled we were here on the farm to see that you chose our 4 wheeler for your anniversary photo! Congratulations and best wishes for many more to come!