Monday, April 25, 2011

Morning Walks

I've always enjoyed morning walks, but since last fall it has once again become a habit that I can really enjoy. Also, living in Las Vegas means that I can walk outside except on those really cold mornings (which are like spring mornings elsewhere). Some morning I start and finish before the sun comes up, but as we blend into spring and get closer to summer and the days grow longer the mornings change. If I really sleep in (past 5 am) then I may need my sun glasses or pull my hat down low. In 6 to 8 weeks I'll be wishing for those cool and dark mornings and a walking temperature under 80.

I especially have enjoyed my walks this spring as I've watched the trees bloom and drop, the pansies bloom and stay (it doesn't get cold enough for crocuses and tulips unfortunately) and just recently the bushes have all come out in color. Sunday morning I took my longest walk since coming back to walking and was rewarded with some beautiful bushes. I slept in, got up about 6 and was walking along the beltway and towards the northern end of our neighborhood. I stopped and took a couple of photos with my phone tos share and remind me of the beauty that is all around us.

My walks are enjoyable. It's a time to relax before the day begins and be mindful about what the day will bring and what I will contribute. I do look forward to these morning walks with family, but that doesn't happen often. I'm wondering if walking is becoming a lost art or are we just too busy to enjoy the beauty this is all around us.

4 comments:

Jeni Allen said...

I really wish I shared you love of morning walks. Something about morning, I can't get out of bed! I do love evening walks though. Beautiful pictures!

Student Entrepreneur said...

Love all the colors!!

Donna said...

I love all the pretty flowers and colors.

sally said...

All I could think was I was fast asleep while you were out for your walk. I do love walks and I think more and more people are abandoning them. Soon we'll be out walking & riding bikes for all hours of our day.