Saturday, October 23, 2010

He's Walking, He's Walking …

It has been 7 weeks since my surgery and I'm walking better and better, even with an occasional setback from over doing it! Today I'm down with lower back pain because I didn't listen to my body on Thursday. However, overall, I'm doing so much better then before the surgery. This past week JoAnn and I even went out walking a few times. For example a week ago we walked a mall for the first time in over a year and then on Monday I suggested we go out to one of our favorite spots - Calico Basin, located in Red Rock Conservation Area, just a few miles from our home.

Calico Basin is a natural spring with a boardwalk around the meadow and a spectacular view of some gorgeous mountains. We enjoyed the view and especially being able to walk together. It is so good to be able just to walk without pain and to walk longer than 100 or 200 yards. I took a couple of photos while we were walking around and thought I would share them.


3 comments:

Donna said...

Yeah! Now we can drag you all over tarnation again!

Jeni Allen said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, and I'm with Donna! Time to drag you all over tarnation again!

sally said...

When you say seven weeks I keep expecting a baby to appear! I'm so glad you're able to walk and enjoy life again. Back pain in very bad and not enjoyable to live with. I love those pictures, the area looks beautiful.